Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

intel i7 fastest cpu in the world

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thegodgen

thegodgen

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:14 AM

the machine featured a Core i7 CPU running at 2.93 GHz, 6 GB of RAM, and five 1.5 Terabyte Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 model hard drives (for a total of 7.5 TB) This computer took 103 days to calulate Pi to 2.7 trillion decimal digits :flowers: :trumpet: its amazing how fast CPUs have become i want to see if anyone can beat this with an amd cpu and tell me if u do that is the fun part of this (make u amd guys and gals mad) :thumbsup: here is a link to the Wikipedia page i found this on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi (warning math inside) :inlove:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

Would not that same system, with a i7 running at 3.06 GHz be even faster?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 thegodgen

thegodgen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

yah and i would love to see it :trumpet: :flowers: :thumbsup:

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

sorry, I don't feel like shutting my AMD build down that long, I need to use it! lol. but, right now, Im using 2 computers-one using a AMD athlon x2 6000+ windsor @ 3 ghz, and another with a intel Pentium D 930 @ 3 ghz, and I am extremely happy with both processors right now. The athlon runs circles around that pentium, but the pentiums still a good chip, and both do what I need them to do and more. the athlon I use for gaming which it does excellent at, the pentium is in my linux build so I can experiment with that, both have more power then I need right now. To me, if the CPU performs the task I needs then Im happy with it.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users