Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java Programming interfaces

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Eshlil

Eshlil

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:21 AM

What's the easiest interface to use for java programming? I only know of eclipse and of course any text editor. Is there any others?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:11 AM

Eclipse is an IDE. An interface is a particular type of Java class that contains empty methods.

Some people prefer Eclipse, I use Netbeans. Some people prefer a text editor. All IDE's take some time to learn how to use. All they really help you do is run and compile the code, as well as check for syntax errors.

#3 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:06 AM

I'm personally also a fan of Netbeans. I can't stand Eclipse :thumbsup:

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#4 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

WhatTheTech Teacher

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

I'm actually a bit of a fan of Eclipse, but then again I've never tried NetBeans. I would only ever use Eclipse (or any bulky IDE for that matter) if I was working on a substantially large project. Anything smaller than a couple of KLOC and I'd stick with a text editor and a Makefile.
Trained at the What The Tech Classroom where you too could learn to help others.

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 paton

paton

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

I use eclipse and find it quite useful as it will show all your projects that you've worked on if you keep them in the package explorer so you can reference back to previously written code.

#6 adamtf

adamtf

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:00 PM

I personally prefer TextPad. It's like Windows Notepad on steroids. It's free, small, and quite simple to use.

#7 Kealan

Kealan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:42 AM

I use BlueJ, it's always worked well for me.

#8 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

Note that BlueJ is an educational tool and was never intended to be a serious programming IDE. I'm not saying it's bad, but I am saying you'll see few professional developers using it.

Edited by Billy O'Neal, 18 June 2010 - 09:35 AM.

Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users