Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found New Hardware: HID Class

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 babicz

babicz

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

Every time I boot, XP finds new hardware (HID Class). I know what HID is but I can't figure why it keeps prompting me...I use the wizard to install the hardware automatically through internet connection, and I see it installing (i.e. driver was found online, etc.) and it prompts that there was an error and it could not be properly installed (more specifically, a 'fatal error occurred'). Also, a windows update (HID Non-User Input Data Filter (KB 911895)) keeps popping up, which is the driver needed to install the HID hardware. (It is also what is being picked up on the internet through the automatic hardware install).
**This problem started occurring only after I did a repair-install of XP (due to registry complications), and never before have I had this problem. Let me know if there is more info that needs to be posted.

Any flippin' idea to what the problem is? My machine works fine, but I do get concerned when things like this happen and I don't know what's going on...

Thanks a lot,
Alex

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

What "registry complications"?

Error messages relative to such?

Louis

#3 babicz

babicz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:51 AM

What "registry complications"?

Error messages relative to such?

Louis

I had deleted some registry items that where needed to view windows explorer and some others features. As I couldn't open system restore or return back to the previous state, I simply did a repair install, and all works fine now, except for this new hardware issue.

What do you mean relative to such? I don't think my registry is connected to this issue...

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

Worth a look, http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-263755.php AND http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?p=149016.

No info regarding hardware errors in Event Viewer?

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

#5 pnjunction

pnjunction

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

KB means its a hotfix patch. I didnt lookup what that particular problem was, but you can search for KB911895 download the hotfix from MS and install it. Or alternately I found this 'fix' on another site. I have no idea if it works. Use at your own risk.

Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers and delete wdf01000.sys

Then, go to windows update, and select Custom. Then select hardware
updates,
and HID non-user Input data filter should be there again. Now select
download and install, and it should enter the correct information and
fix
your HID non-user Input Data Filter Error / fatal error / failed to
install
problem.

#6 babicz

babicz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

KB means its a hotfix patch. I didnt lookup what that particular problem was, but you can search for KB911895 download the hotfix from MS and install it. Or alternately I found this 'fix' on another site. I have no idea if it works. Use at your own risk.

Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers and delete wdf01000.sys

Then, go to windows update, and select Custom. Then select hardware
updates,
and HID non-user Input data filter should be there again. Now select
download and install, and it should enter the correct information and
fix
your HID non-user Input Data Filter Error / fatal error / failed to
install
problem.

That fixed the problem, thank you very much. Where did you find this information?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users