Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 raisis2k3

raisis2k3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:45 PM

I'm very confused on what kind of memory i need to buy for my computer. I want to get at least a gig but i don't know what kind to buy. I'm confused on the pin part some of them have 184 some have 220 or something does it matter what kind i buy? thanks alot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:36 PM

Hello raisis2k3 and welcome to BC.

Have a look at Kingston.com for some good info on Ram and system specific recommendations. You can also use the Crucial System Scanner which will tell you what memory is compatable with your system.

Newer motherboards are a lot more specific about what types of memory you can use so if you know what your motherboard is let us know and we'll help you figure out what is good for you. Also, all motherboards have maximum memory that you can install and your memory may also be limited by your operating system so let us know what that is too.

Edited by Leurgy, 12 September 2005 - 09:38 PM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 raisis2k3

raisis2k3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:20 PM

awesome thanks alot those sites helped alot :thumbsup:

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:29 PM

Glad to help out raisis2k3. Come back anytime if you have some other questions. Lots of smart people on our site that will give you good advice.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:47 AM

raisis2k3...try downloading Everest Home Edition, it can show a lot of useful information about you computer, motherboard, memory type, amount, manufacturer...

http://www.lavalys.hu/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users