Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

why can't I get multiple tabs sometimes?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ClotildeA

ClotildeA

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

Lately, when I launch IE8, I can usually only get one tab in any browser window. I went into Internet Options to make sure my tab settings enabled tabbed browsing (they did). But for some reason that doesnít work, and I have to go into Add or Change Home Page, check "Use the current tab set as your home page" (Iíve got more than one URL in my tab set), and launch another instance of the browser to get multiple tabs. But the next time I launch IE, sometimes itís gone back to allowing only a single tab in each browser window. What do I do to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab.

Scroll down to Reuse Window for Launching Shortcuts and uncheck it.

Louis

#3 ClotildeA

ClotildeA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

I don't understand why you are making this recommendation. I'm not saying it's wrong, I just don't understand it.

You're recommending:

Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab/Browsing group:
deselect: "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts (when tabbed browsing is off)"

Firstly, I don't understand why this is relevant.

Secondly, here is how my browser is already configured:

Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/General tab/Tabs heading/Settings button:
selected: "Enable Tabbed Browsing"

So, as I read this, the setting you're recommending applies only when tabbed browsing is disabled. But I have it enabled, so this setting shouldn't pertain. And surely I must have tabbed browsing enabled in order to open multiple tabs in a single browser window, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users