Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

world of warcraft not working on my laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rilla

rilla

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

so i bought my acer 5535 aspire last year and it has been okay for world of warcraft...not fantastically amazing but certainly not terrible...but the last few days i can't run WoW at all, everytime i log on i get disconnected, or if i actually get to play at all my latency goes sky high and i either can't do anything but stand still (i press a button to perform an action and nothing happens, i just stand around waiting for the action to occur) or i get disconnected from high latency. i have no idea what to do, i am not running any addons, nothing in the background (no internet browsing or any programs) and i even got this 'game booster' program to turn off unnecessary background programs....and it's worse than ever. it has never been like this before and i have no clue how to fix it!

any ideas???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dave P

Dave P

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:26 AM

There are 2 issues you sound like you might be having here.

Firstly, from a hardware perspective, when you log into the game, you have to load everything around you. If you logged out in a place with a high number of objects such as dalaran you will have to load a lot of stuff. If your graphics card can't draw everything in a certain amount of time it gives up and disconnects you. Which is why people D/C in onyxia a lot. (so far as I understand it)

If however you have been playing a long while unless there has been a patch between when your computer was working and wasn't working it seems unlikely this is the problem.

Latency on the other hand is purely based on your internet connection. Have you tried connecting via a different internet connection or a wired connection.

There is also server lag of course but I don't think that would be causing this.

#3 rilla

rilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

i bought...http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-Prosafe-Ethernet-Unmanaged-Switch/dp/B00009015U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268666697&sr=1-3 that and 2 cables (one for me, one for my boyfriend's computer) as his computer is wired and mine is wireless. hopefully this will solve the problem.

the problem isn't standing around in dalaran (though it's always annoying) it's in raids and 5 mans and even though EVERY gfx setting is on the minimum i'm suddenly unable to cast, play or stay connected. it's really weird and kind of occurred out of nowhere!

#4 Wizho

Wizho

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

Have you tried the repair utility?
You can find it going to Start > All Programs(XP) > World of Warcraft > World of Warcraft Repair.
Click on the top first button, it must say something like "Reset and check files"
This has worked on some PCs on which I installed WoW, if this does not works you might try to update your gfx drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users