Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

purchase template: new gaming desktop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rilla

rilla

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

My budget for the new computer is: 2000 (inc speakers + monitor)

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? World of Warcraft, mail, web browsing

What software do you intend on using on the computer? office, paintshoppro, world of warcraft, chrome

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? World of Warcraft

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? i prefer to have lots of programs running in the background (well not lots...but world of warcraft, chrome and itunes ....which is impossible right now with my current computer!)

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? yes

i have an acer laptop and now i can't even run WoW on it anymore...i used to manage and now i can't even stay connected or have any FPS or do anything at all. the second i sign on i get disconnected...my acer laptop is just getting slower and slower so it's time to upgrade! obviously a desktop will have more gaming power than a laptop sooo...yeah. i've heard lots of good things about alienware but is it hype or are they actually worth it? do i need 2 gfx cards? super duper extra memory? i mean i don't want a crap computer but i don't want to spend an extra 500 on things i don't really need!!

so...any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gorydragon

gorydragon

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

where do you live? ill build one for you and ship it to you as long as you live somewhere easily shippable to (ie not kenya)
i estimate total cost at ~$1000 USD will get you more than enough for what you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users