Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

KCFStreamSocketSecurityLevelNegotiatedSSL could not be located

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ground_grunt2003

ground_grunt2003

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

Not sure if I am infected or not. I have been having a couple problems with some "your computer is infected" warnings popping up. So I ran a virus scan, downloaded a new anti-virus, and ran another complete scan. This found some problems and fixed them; however, now I am receiving a certain window message every time I start my computer. This window has a red dot with a white "X" in it.

It reads: "The procedure entry point KCFStreamSocketSecurityLevelNegotiatedSSL could not be located in the dynamic link library corefoundation.dll.

I close the window and another window pops up. This window reads: "AppleSyncNotifier has stopped working".

This is the paste from the Show Problem Details tab:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AppleSyncNotifier.exe
Application Version: 1.5.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4a5d2cf8
Fault Module Name: CoreFoundation.dll!kCFStreamSocketSecurityLevelNeg
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c0000139
Exception Offset: 00009cac
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9d13
Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
Additional Information 3: 9d13
Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

I choose the option to close program and do not see anything else again until my computer is restarted.

Windows Edition: Windows Vista Home Premium

System
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 531
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Not sure if any additional information is needed. Please advise if more info is needed or if the solution is relatively easy :-). Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users