Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get video when connecting mac to TV

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sommaw

sommaw

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:21 AM

Hey guys.

Ok so my sis and I went to the Apple store today and bought the necessary wires (hdmi, dvi, and the audio thingy) for connecting her macbook (the newer one, silver not white) to the TV (samsung).

I tried connecting her computer and it's saying no signal, although her mac screen blinked blue for a second and the display changed. I connected my macbook pro and it worked...kind of.

Instead of my desktop, I saw the default background (that purple outerspace thing). I tried opening my movie in all the players, and while it showed up on the mac, nothing happened on the TV screen. So I tried it in Front Row and the screen just goes black. When I close Front Row, the TV screen goes back to the default background. The only time something shows up is if I open up things in my preferences (screen saver/desktop, displays, etc)

It's driving me nuts! Why doesn't the video show up? And why I can't I use any of the players? And why isn't my sister's even connecting???
"Where's the any key???"
-Homer Simpson
;)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

open a window such as a finder window and drag it across to the far right of your macs screen and see if it keeps going over to the tv if it does go into setting then display and look for mirror screen and click on it that should make it so you see the same screen on both, as for your other mac i have no clue maybe some one else could answer that.

Good luck!

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 sommaw

sommaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

thanks so much!! yay!

going to the apple store now to figure out why my sister's won't work
"Where's the any key???"
-Homer Simpson
;)

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:00 AM

Glad to hear it worked.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users