Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 weareparasites

weareparasites

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

Hey guys im having a bit of trouble with my lap top i just recently put on windows 7 32 bit on and apparently there were no drivers for windows 7 yet for my make and model so i used some vista drivers and luckly i found the chipset driver that is compatable i guess universal with my needed driver and since then today after boot it booted into a black screen with just the mouse curser..so i did a system restore and its workin fine..for now lol but i just wanna know what might be causing this i think it may be a dirver related issue maybe the graphics card? what do you m8s think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:49 AM

yes that would be a driver related problem i would say
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

What is the make and model of your lap top?

#4 Eshlil

Eshlil

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

Most vista drivers should work on win7 but yea post the type of comp.

#5 weareparasites

weareparasites
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

its an hp pavillion 3 gig

#6 JDigital

JDigital

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

its an hp pavilion dv6700 and its garbage...ive worked on this laptop so many times and it still dont work right...i would just throw it out the window and buy a new one...or u can wait for a win7 driver like ive told u so many times sen! YEAH SEN!

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

its an hp pavillion 3 gig

We need more information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users