Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About Burning & Using Antivirus Boot CDs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

I went to the download pages for the Bitdefender & F-Secure Boot CD scanners intending to burn bootable virus scanner cds per several beginner's guides.

Both instructions include burning the iso image downloaded to CD. I have yet to successfully burn a boot cd from an iso image using nero. Is there a burning program -imageburn or cdburnerxp - that comes w/ clear instructions on how to burn a bootable iso file and whose installation won't conflict w/ nero?. Maybe it's only nero & roxio installations that conflict w/ themselves, each other and everyone else.

Both virus scanners are supposed to update after booting from cd via a network connection and I am curious how this will work and if it will work. My computers connect wirelessly to a router. Will there be a linux or linux-like network configuration wizard to put in the SSID & security key after the cd loads its little OS?

Finally, bitdefender had several download choices - 2008, 2009 & 2009 w/ md5. A nero update used md5, but I thought they provided the value on the download page to check against. I don't remember the details of how it worked. Can someone provide a little info on why bitdefender is providing that option, should I choose it and how I can expect to verify the md5 value?
mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

Imgburn is by far the easiest
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Their forum has guides and FAQ's
http://forum.imgburn.com/

http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/G/Burning...es+with+ImgBurn
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users