Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DR GUARD VIRUS HELPP!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marisakayb

marisakayb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

Yesterday, this dr guard virus popped up. I have tried everything I can think of to remove it. No program detects it, and I cannot manually remove it because I cannot find any of the processes, program files and registry files. And now my internet has been disabled. I have considered wiping my hard drive. Would this be best or is there some other way to remove it? PLEASE HELP ME! :thumbsup:

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

Have you taken the steps here?: Remove Dr. Guard (Uninstall Guide)

Specifcally this first step?

Before we can do anything we must first end the processes that belong to Dr. Guard so that it does not interfere with the cleaning procedure. To do this, download the following file to your desktop.

rkill.com Download Link

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 marisakayb

marisakayb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

Yes, I have. I then ran Malwarebytes, and still nothing was detected.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,344 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hello, so you still have the popup??

Let's do this first and seee if we get the net back.
Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...."
OR
Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

Show hidden files and then update and rescan with MBAM.

Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
Double-click on the My Computer icon.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
After the new window appears select the View tab.
Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.
Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.

Show hidden files (Vista)
-----------------
1. Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
2. Click the View tab.
3. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.

Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users