Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popups in Mozilla Firefox

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 I love You

I love You

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hi there everybody!
A few weeks ago, my computer got infected by a nasty virus. It installed random antiviruses on my computer (I think it's Paladin Antivirus and Antivirus Essentials 2010). Good news is that I got rid of it with the mixture of combofix, malwarebytes' and SUPERantispyware.
My computer is working perfectly fine, but there's a small change to my internet browser. Random popups. It pop ups when I'm browsing the net and that small green logo (look at provided image) pops up and redirects you. I ignored it for a while, but now it's getting really annoying. I've tried running Combofix, Malwarebytes', SUPERantispyware, AVG scanner, Spyhunter 3 and Microsoft Malicious Software Removal March 2010 but they say there's no infection. I've tried uninstalling and installing Mozilla Firefox. I've also used CCleaner to clear out the cache, cookies etc.

Posted Image

Could someone please help me with the pop ups?

Thanks in advance.

More details: It's not only that green icon, sometimes it's some other random search engines. It always relate to something I'm on.
eg. I type in 'plate tectonics' in Google then go into Wiki. I read for a few mins and a random popup will appear. This popup is a random site with the words 'plate tectonics' related to it. (usually a search bar with the words in it)
This popped up when I was looking through Google Images of plate tectonics.

Posted Image

AVG has also detected a file but I'm not sure if I should delete it or not because it is part of my drivers. This popped up when the computer was inactive (I didn't touch the computer at all for half an hour).

Accessed file is infected

Threat detected!

File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atapi.sys
Threat name: Virus identified Win32/Patched.CH
Detected on open.

Process name: System
Process ID: 4

Posted Image

Edited by I love You, 14 March 2010 - 02:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 I love You

I love You
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

bump^ please help :thumbsup:

#3 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:22 AM

Edit - Sorry, Posted to the wrong topic.

Edited by sempai, 15 March 2010 - 07:47 AM.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

#4 I love You

I love You
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:02 AM

moved.

Edited by I love You, 15 March 2010 - 08:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users