Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Install Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 camillaleonila

camillaleonila

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

I've tried installing Adobe Acrobat Reader and various other programs on my Windows 7 (64-bit) computer and I've been getting the following error message:

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package."

...Help!!!!!!!!...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LadyKeys

LadyKeys

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

Are you getting the download from Adobe.com or another website?

I've got a 64bit Windows 7 system and go direct to the software vendors for downloads. When I click on what I want the site will detect it's a 64bit system and what OS it's running too. Sounds to me like you may be trying to install the 32bit version of Acrobat Reader on your computer. The vendor's webiste can detect what version of Windows you are running and should download the appropriate version of their software when you click on the link you want.

I know Adobe Reader takes a while to install. Could it be possible you are somehow aborting the installation before it's finished? Also, you're not trying to install Adobe Acrobat as opposed to Acrobat Reader, are you? Acrobat is not free where the Reader is. Acrobat can be purchased as a standalone application or part of one of Adobe's Suites. I am an Adobe Reseller, a member of NAPP, and use Adobe's software a lot. The only time I will get an error message is if I happen to try to install 32bit applications on my 64bit machine (not those that can be detected by the vendor website). Even Apple's Quicktime/iTunes has 32 and 64bit versions and the Apple website detects 64bit on my system.

Hope this helps some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users