Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

http://bigthreem.com virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 filmscoreking

filmscoreking

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hi all,
I've just signed up to this forum in desperation as I just clicked on a link that was sent to me in a personal message on facebook. I didn't even think twice about it and it took me to this video site that looked like some variation on youtube. It said I needed to download flash player 10 which I did........I'm guessing that's when the virus kicked in because now everytime I use my internet browser, it redirects to this damned website DO NOT CLICK (lots of other rubbish after this) and informs me that My pc needs to install antivurs sofrwarre. "Personal security can perform fast and free scan of your computer" it says. It then transfers to a webpage that is a picture of my 'my computer' page where it shows scanning the computer.

In addition to this, my facebook status changed to the url of this website which I quickly changed to prevent anyone else from getting the virus.

I need to get rid of it because I have a lot of important data on my laptop, not least all my dissertation work and composition portfolio for finals of my music degree. If anyone could help me out I'd be much obliged! I ran a spybot check which identified two Trojan entries under the name 'virumonde.sdn' although I have no idea whether this is related. Suffice to say even when I ran a spybot check, the virus still remained

Many thanks to anyone who can help me, apologies for the lengthy description!

Dan

P.S I have a screen print of the page that appears if that's useful

Edited by filmscoreking, 13 March 2010 - 07:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

First off delete that malware link.

You say you are infected with personal security.Try the self help guide here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...rsonal-security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users