Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E-mail cursor disappears

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Petty4317

Petty4317

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:43 PM

When I am typing an email, no matter what the program, earthlink, hotmail, etc. while typing the cursor disappears and the email window I am typing in appears to become inactive. If I click on the window again with the mouse, the cursor comes back. this only happens with email. What is going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:20 PM

It probably happens because the e-mail box is not the active window. This happens whenever one clicks from one program to another, but most programs, when they become the active program pop to the top of the pile.

Somehow when you are doing e-mail you are probably accidently selecting something out side the e-mail box which makes the e-mail box inactive, but whatever program it is does not pop up in front of the e-mail box.

#3 Petty4317

Petty4317
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:54 PM

That was my original thought too, but I was very carefull, not to click any where else or type any where else and it still happened.

#4 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:22 PM

Well then something else is running, hopefully not spyware. Have you checked task manager when it happens to see what else is running?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users