Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP 32bit VS. 64bit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 whissp

whissp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

I am posting this because I have windows xp 32bit and also have a hard drive with windows xp 64 bit but found out that there is alot that is not supported by 64bit. For example (Wireless Adapter, Service Pack 3). What are your guy's thoughts on each type of xp.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

Hi,

32-bit windows xp is supported/ has support for most hardware out on the market and is great for most computers, now 64 bit has many incompatibility's just because a machine has a 64 bit compatible processor does not mean all the hardware in the machine is/ has compatible drivers to make them work. The advantages of 64 bit are most noticeable or useful if you have a large amount of ram ie, 4gb or more of ram. Now since xp is getting up there in age say about 8 years old now, we have windows 7 which is in 32 bit and 64 bit which 64 bit support is growing and eventually all new computers will most likely have 64 bit on them. But in you case i would stay with 32 bit for now unless you plan on getting windows 7, if you do just make sure you check all you hardware on the machine to make sure it is compatible with 64 bit and has 64 bit drivers.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users