Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PLEASE i need help!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Snoman

Snoman

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:49 PM

i was playing a game when it shut off suddenly and this screen came up, im pretty sure its the first time Posted Image somebody PLEASE help me, im not sure if there are different variations of this screen but this is what most of it said on my computer when it happend

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bonk

Bonk

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:30 PM

Have you installed new hardware or updated drivers lately?

#3 Snoman

Snoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:06 PM

the last thing i "plugged in" was a mic, and that was like.....a while ago

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:12 PM

Are you using Windows XP and if you are, have you installed SP2 yet?

If you haven't installed SP2 update your antivirus program and run a scan, download, install, update and run Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy in safe mode marked to fix what they find. (unless you already have them. In that case just update them and run them)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Then install SP2.
Microsoft offers a free CD to install SP 2 and if you are on a dialup it is highly recommended.

In fact, even using broadband, it is a large file and you may get better results and an easier install using the CD.

Order it here (free):
http://www.microsoft.com/windows....lt.mspx

Microsoft SP 2
Microsoft - Steps to take before SP 2 installation

These are the steps you are advised to take before installing SP2:

1. Back up all your data.

2. Check out the Web site of your hardware manufacturers to see if SP2-related software updates are available for download.

3. Purge your system of all spyware and adware you may have accumulated.

From Microsoft:
Programs that are known to experience a loss of functionality when they run on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default....wsxpsp2

Some programs seem to stop working after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842242/

If you encounter difficulties or have questions, call 888-SP2-HELP for assistance.

Microsoft Security Product Support Policy

Microsoft Policy
Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support
Services at 1-866-PC SAFETY (1-866-727-2338).

There is no charge for support calls associated with security updates.

International customers can get support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. Phone numbers for international support can be found at: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

#5 Snoman

Snoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:13 PM

when i right click "My Computer" and go to properties, it gives me this (i am running xp home edition):

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

so i guess i do have that. please help me!! (and by the way, is that the BSOD?)

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:19 PM

Have you run Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy from safe mode yet?

Also click on our link for spyware detection here(you must use Internet Explorer for this to work):
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/spwd.php

Is there any particular reason you think this is a BHO? Has your home page changed?

Edited by Enthusiast, 13 September 2005 - 03:24 PM.

#7 Snoman

Snoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:53 PM

Have you run Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy from safe mode yet?

Also click on our link for spyware detection here(you must use Internet Explorer for this to work):
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/spwd.php

Is there any particular reason you think this is a BHO? Has your home page changed?

BHO? and no my homepage hasnt changed

#8 wllm55

wllm55

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Location:Lower Chesapeake Bay, East Coast, USA, N37.00 W076.00
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:28 PM

You checked and confirmed that you have SP2, do you also have automatic update enabled and are your updates current?
Dell Inspiron 6400(laptop),Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600),1.73 gigahertz Intel Core Duo,2048 Megabytes Installed Memory,SAMSUNG HM080II [Hard drive] (78.52 GB)

#9 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:33 AM

MS on stop error

Resolving the Problem

The following suggestions are specific to Stop 0x50 errors. For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

* If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

* Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

Stop message check list

#10 Snoman

Snoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:58 PM

MS on stop error

Resolving the Problem

The following suggestions are specific to Stop 0x50 errors. For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

* If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

* Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

Stop message check list

thats for xp pro....i have home :thumbsup:

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:07 PM

Stop errors are the same on either version of XP, I believe.

I find that many are driver issues.

Bear in mind that AV and music programs...also have drivers.

I would check Event Viewer for clues to any type of error, software or hardware.

And...Device Manager is the logical place to look for hardware driver or conflict issues.

You might take a look at some of these links: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=win32k.sys.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 22 September 2005 - 05:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users