Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comparison and Advice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raenmiah

raenmiah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:02 AM

I currently have a Copaq Presario SR2170NX. I have been happy with it, but it is getting clogged up and slow. I am wondering which option would be better. All the numbers and GB and processor stuff doesn't make a lot of sense to me so comparing computers is difficult.
Is it worth the 380 bucks to purchase a Compaq Presario CQ5320F or
Should I try to clean up and maybe upgrade the SR2170NX I already have.

I guess I need someone to compare the two in laymans terms so I can understand what the differences are.

I work from home and my computer is my livelihood (believe it or not with as little as I really know about them) so I have to have something that runs well and doesn't give me any flack. My budget will only allow for the Compaq so others are not an option (I have been happy with the one I have now that I purchased 3 years ago).
Thanks in advance for any info you can give and advice you can share. :blink:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

Well for $57 you can max out your memory from 1 gig to 2 gig:
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp...ario%20SR2170NX
That and an OS reinstall and you're probably good for a few more years

If you have data that you want to save you would need to spend another $100 to $150 for a external enclosure and hard drive
Total a little over $200
This is taking into consideration you doing the work yourself
If you pay someone to do it, buy the new one

Remember the new computer will be loaded w/Windows 7

Edited by garmanma, 13 March 2010 - 01:05 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users