Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

watermarks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kitkin15

kitkin15

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

i am looking for a program that will watermark a video for me, i need this program to be portable though.

i have ones for pictures, but now i need one for the videos im making (i show off a cool free program and all of the things that program can do)
im going to post these videos on youtube and than put them on my site (just thought id let you guys know so you dont think its for illegal reasons)

thanks for any and all help =)

-kitkin15
Fix everything, if nothing is left to fix than break something.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RubixNG

RubixNG

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

VirtualDub is a free open-source video editor for Windows. It can't do much on the editing side, but it's very useful for doing things like compression, adding watermarks, applying filters, etc.. What I would recommend would be making your video, render/export it, then put it in VirtualDub to put a watermark over.

http://www.virtualdub.org/

You do not have to install it, just download and extract it (Right-click zip file, and press Extract). The Watermark filter included in VirtualDub is pretty bad... So install this filter.

http://neuron2.net/logo/logo.html

Just download, extract. Copy the "delogo.vdf" file. Go to the VirtualDub folder you extracted, and create a folder (If it does not exist) called "plugins". Now paste the .vdf file in there. Now start up VirtualDub (by double clicking VirtualDub.exe) Go file -> Open Video File.. and select your video. Go to Video -> Filters. In there press add and DeLogo. Now, to make your watermark, use your graphic editing program of choice, and make it. Now leave everything you want see-through/transparent in your watermark white or another color (if so write down the RGB Numbers of it (eg. Red = 255, Blue = 122, Green = 12). Now save it as a ".bmp".

Now back to the VirtualDub. In DeLogo open your .BMP file, and check Transparent Color. For white, enter R: 255, B: 255, G: 255. For another color, you'll have to enter something different. Tolerance means how much can the color be different of that to accept. For instance if you have a tiny tiny spec of a light light gray, Tolerance at 0 it won't say it's transparent. But if it was a higher number then 0 it might. But if it's too high it will make what you want in the watermark transparent.

You can mess with the other options if you want. Now, all we have to do now is set the compression of the video, so it doesn't end up as gigabytes when you export/render it.

To compress it, go to Video -> Compression and select what codec you wish and configure it. Talking about compression in this thread, would be very hard. Leave all the settings of the codec normal, but make sure to have the bitrate at 500-4000 KB/PS. The higher the bit rate, the better the quality but bigger the file size. If you don't have any codecs or any that work in VirtualDub you can go and download a free codec called X-vid. http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html

Now to finish it off go to File -> Save AVI... and put in the name and wait a bit.

This may seem a bit complicated at first, but don't worry this will teach you a lot about video editing in general. I wish you lot's of luck in your YouTube videos, when you're done post a link, I would like to see it. If you need any more help just reply :thumbsup:

Edit: Also make sure to do some tests, this will save you pain and agony when something goes wrong.
---

If you rather not deal with all that stuff above, and if you're using Windows Movie Maker, try just adding a title over, and messing around with the font properties.

Edited by RubixNG, 16 March 2010 - 10:44 PM.

#3 kitkin15

kitkin15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

lol wow thanks a lot for that, thats really going to help me =)
ill wait till tomarrow to do it though i have alot of homework tonight....
ill post the links in a couple days (its hard to upload to youtube because my internet is slow =( )

thanks ALOT for the help =)
Fix everything, if nothing is left to fix than break something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users