Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I've got a BIG spam problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sega Dude

Sega Dude

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

On March 10th, 2010 I got a message from my ISP that said they got a report of bulk or unsolicited e-mail from a computer connected to my cable modem. Now today we were cut off again. We are still spamming our ISP. They know its mostly likely from a infected computer. I have run the free online scans like they said and Spybot as well. My wireless router is connected to my cable modem. I have one computer and my home-made windows home server connected directly to the router. I have AVG installed on all my PCs. The computer (not the WHS) thats connected directly to the router had 13 trojans but spybot took care of them. This computer has been off. It was also completely disconnected from power for a few days while I was setting up my WHS. My laptop had a virus a few weeks again but I think its been taken care of. My family PC had a trojan horse that I got rid of. It spread to my laptop and I got rid of it from there too. Whats causeing this? I cant figure it out. We also get spam emails from an online drug store from our own email address. Could it be this? What do I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users