Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CurvedMarigold

CurvedMarigold

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

Yesterday I powered on my Gateway laptop, logged in, and it went about its usual start up procedure. Once everything was loaded I opened Firefox and began surfing the web. Then for some reason my computer froze and when I pressed CTRL ALT delete the screen went black. I turned the computer off, and tried again. This continues to happen so I decided to google the issue using my other laptop to see if I could find some solution. I ran across the forum site and saw someone else had a similar problem and fixed it by running a toshiba reinstall wizard by pressing f8 after restarting. I've tried running the msconfig and disabling everything that isnt microsoft, and I tried searching sfc but it never opened. Is there anyone who knows what I can do to solve this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ArmyofOne

ArmyofOne

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:28 AM

what model gateway?
KILL WINDOWS VISTA!!!
2010 ASUStek K50I-RBBGR05 Notebook-Win 7, 4gb Ram (upgraded), Intel Pentium T4400 @2.2ghz
2007 Gateway MT3707 Notebook-Vista SP2, 1gb Ram, Intel Pentium D/C T2060 @ 1.60ghz, CONSTANT problems.
2005 Toshiba Satellite A105-WinXP Home, 1gb Ram (upgraded), Intel Celeron M @1.60ghz, Not a problem yet.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:07 PM

How is the heat?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users