Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get film installed to play at all!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Angelbabe1uk

Angelbabe1uk

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hi if i have posted in wrong area please feel free to move to correct area thanx :thumbsup:
I received my new 500 gig samsung portable harddrive today with this is it (Michael Jackson) pre-loaded into it My Harddrive
But upon trying to get the movie to play all windows media player does is brings up error code C00D11E2 saying to go to the site online i bought the movie from instead of it asking to go online to acquire the license to begin viewing the DRM movie
I have been trying everything now since 5pm and its now approaching 9pm and im just about at my whits end!
Its coming close to being thrown through the ruddy window even if it did cost me 64 :flowers:
I have tried removing windows media player 11 and putting back in and still it says this when i click play
a windows Media Digital Rights Management (DRM) component
encountered a problem, If you are trying to use a file that you
obtained from an online store, try going to the online store and
getting the appropriate usage rights.

Windows media player 11 is suppose to automatically go online & acquire the license for me

Instructions for movie playback
1. Upon inserting the device either a splash screen will appear or a windows dialogue box
depending on your operating system
1.1 Windows XP: from the windows dialogue box select "Run Movie" and click ok
A splash screen will then appear, select play movie and enter your unique voucher code
2. If the voucher is valid then a license will be downloaded to your pc/notebook and you can begin viewing the movie
once the license has been downloaded you can watch the movie as often as you like

The trouble is windows media player isn't doing any of what the instructions says

Edited by garmanma, 13 March 2010 - 01:17 PM.
Modified title and changed text color to make it more legible-MG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

Did you ever find your answer?

What happens if you go to My Computer, right-click on the drive, and select Open?

Edited by garmanma, 15 March 2010 - 12:48 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users