Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Detected & Cleaned on My Work Computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

Hello,

The hard drive on my work computer was acting strange yesterday (it kept running constantly all by itself), so I ran a full antivirus scan, which found and removed a Trojan called "JS/Obfuscated.g".

Even though it was apparently cleaned, I reported it to my company's IT help desk, who indicated they would come around in a few days to check out my computer.

In the meantime, out of curiosity, does anyone know what this Trojan does? Also, any ideas how it got onto my computer without being noticed right away by my antivirus program? (I'm using Windows XP, protected by McAfee Enterprise VirusScan 8.7i, plus the added antispyware extensions.)

Thanks.

Edited by Torvald, 12 March 2010 - 03:19 PM.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users