Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NO AUDIO DEVICE INSPITE OF ALL DRIVERS INSTALLED

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Niks@future_cart

Niks@future_cart

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

Hi friends!

I am not able to listen any kinda music (.mp3/4 etc.) from my system but sometime it gives sound of clicks or errors excluding welcome tone, however device manager list

all installed sound driver but it doesn't let us to enabled to use i.e. no audio device message (in control panel sound option), icon of audio device driver is not displaying

system tray area where it generaly appears. well i have done a lot of googling earlier and as well as done uninstall and install plus tried to find result on this platform then,

but it doesn't give any positive impact over system sound. I am not hopeless but it is my brand new ASPIRE 5738 notebook which has 3 gb of RAM, core 2duo processor

type that make me too much troublesome.

One more thing I want to share that yesterday night when I was trying to make my machine virus free i switched the sound driver to MUTE, which it still display in

properties dialog box under inactive icons in muted state, when I try to show it always it does not make it display at status area.

so many thanks in-advance to experts!

-Nikhil S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:41 PM

You probably need to update your machine.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

but it is my brand new ASPIRE 5738 notebook which has 3 gb of RAM, core 2duo processor

I would think you need to take it back where you got it and have them look into some warranty work. Anything we might suggest may void your warranty.

As a 'brand new' Aspire 5738, I find it rather unusual that it would have an XP OS? More like Vista or Windows 7, should this thread be moved?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Niks@future_cart

Niks@future_cart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:12 AM

actually It came with window 7, but after using some days I doesn't feel comfortable with it because it doesn't execute Turbo C++ in full screen mode and also it doesn't able to install oracle 9.2 properly... so I decide to move on my Old Windows XP pro OS software. After the installation of XP OS sound and other functions were working well but somehow sound devices stop to work. that is it...

-Nikhil S

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

Being as you have down graded you may have to find a work around to get the working properly, the hardware in your LP may not work with XP drivers.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users