And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
I will be working on your malware issues
, this may or may not solve other issues
you may have with your machine.
Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only
and by no means should be used on another computer.
- The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen.
- Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic.
- The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
- Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.
You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.
-----------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problem
OK this file is big Print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing
Two programs to downloadFirst ISOBurner
this will allow you to burn OTLPE ISO to a cd and make it bootable. Just install the program, from there on in it is fairly automatic. Instructions Second
- Download OTLPE.iso and burn to a CD using ISO Burner. NOTE: This file is 292Mb in size so it may take some time to download.
- When downloaded double click and this will then open ISOBurner to burn the file to CD
- Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
- Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
- Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
- When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTL should now start. Change the following settings
- Change Drivers to Use Safelist
- Press Run Scan to start the scan.
- When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
- Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
- Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.
Edited by elise025, 12 March 2010 - 04:08 PM.