Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help diagnosing slow-running laptop.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 farout1977

farout1977

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

My gateway laptop is running slower and slower every day. Several weeks ago, I removed a large amount of files (to try and free up space) and I run a scan on it every day. I cannot seem to get this thing to run normally. It lags and freezes and I repeated get "not responding" on IE, Outlook, and pretty much anything I try to run (even Control Panel!). I either have to open up the task manager and end all tasks, or turn the computer off. When it locks up (and I have to turn it off) I have to hold the power button down until it shuts off (because it's totally locked up!). Please help me figure out what's going on with this thing! My OS is Windows Vista.

Melanie~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users