Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RDC Server 2003 SP2 blue screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 markb097

markb097

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

Hello all,

I am new to this so please bear with me on this. We currently have a Windows Server 2003 SP2 setup. Now here comes the problem. When a user remotely connects to it for the first time it logs in fine. When that user is inactive for a while and times out, they will then try to log back into the server. It asks for the username/password, the user will enter it in correctly, but then it looks like its trying to connect but never regains access to their account. It will just show a blue screen and the mouse pointer, nothing else.

The way I have been fixing this issue has been going into either task manager and disconnecting them or terminal services manager and resetting the RDP account.

This is a pain for both the user's and I. If they have anywork that they had open, it would be gone. Also, I will find myself doing this for multiple users a day.

Does anyone know a solution for this or why this is happening. It would be very helpful to figure out. I have tried searching different forums and haven't found much for a solution.

If you need any other information, please let me know...

THANKS for you help,
Mark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

First thing I have to assume is you are using termial servises in application mode? In the end what are you really trying to do allow them to reconnect or stop them from getting disconnected in the first place? One solution might be to end their session when they time out but then they will still lose their unsaved work. It seems as if it is having trouble re-connecting to the session. It is possible that th eprogram they are running is partially responsible. You can check this out by logging in and letting it time out without doing anything then reconnect and see what happens.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 markb097

markb097
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for you reply.
I am trying to allow them to reconnect from the session that they were previously connected to before the time out.
I have also tried having them log in as you said and not run any programs. It will still time out and when they try to log back in it wont allow them to, only showing the user a blue screen.

Thanks

#4 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

Sounds like the session isn't being totally disconnected and I will not allow them to strt a new one. check out this article from Microsoft it may help you out.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216783/en-us
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users