Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RAID MIRRORED Replaces Latest Saved File With Old File

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 triaque

triaque

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

Hi,
I have a RAID System that uses 4 HDD to store network client project files. Recently, it has been noted that project files are being opened the next day or next couple of days and once the material in the file is examined it is being discovered that the last file save was not retained.

What I mean is, it seems as though the raid system is either ignoring the updated "save-over" operation while the files are open, in use, and being actively updated OR the actively used file(S) are being replaced with older versions from the mirrored raid system once the user closes and finishes work on any particular file.

I am curious if anyone knows anything about this sort of issue and has advice on how to correct it. There have been no problems from this RAID system for over 5 years and nothing has been changed/updated to lead me to believe that something recent has caused this "effect".

The RAID Device is a 3ware Escalade 7000/8000 Series ATA RAID.

I appreciate your help.

Tony

Edited by triaque, 12 March 2010 - 10:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users