Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry messed up

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 char2010

char2010

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:16 AM

I did a full scan with Microsoft Windows One Live Care all day yesterday. It said I had alot of registry problems but did not give me a way to resolve them. I did a Hijackthis report this morning but I don't know how to read it.
Any help would be appreciated

TX char2010

EDIT: Log removed
Not needed and not allowed in this forum-MG

Edited by garmanma, 12 March 2010 - 10:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 carri

carri

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:40 AM

Hi and welcome to BC forums Char2010. Have you looked at the 'demystifying the windows registry' tutorial HERE? This section may help, and it also would be helpful to the people who are qualified to help you, if you can give as much information as possible about what occurred with your registry prior to you posting here.
The staff here get thousands of queries ,so please be prepared to wait as it might take a while before someone will be able to help you. Good luck in getting the problem sorted :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Hug someone today and get on their nerves!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:38 AM

Flash, http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-US/act...ol_guidance.htm

Since it seems that this is/was a security tool...not a Windows diagnostic tool...it seems that the detail of what was reported...might explain more than what you have posted thus far.

Louis

#4 char2010

char2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

I came across that one care live and gave it a shot but it resolved nothing for me.
Did you read my hijackthis report.
I am new so I have no idea if I am doing this right

Char2010

#5 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

You may want to refer to this removal guide.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#6 char2010

char2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

I read that removal guide, I did all that and my last scan from malwarebtyes was all good but as you can see in my hijackthis I still have malware. I willgo and do one now just to make sure that this is true

char2010

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

Well...the HJT log...is a malware tool and such are not allowed in this forum (the XP forum). We don't have the expertise to deal with malware, members/viewers are better served by posting malware issues in one of our malware forums.

Unless you have some valid reason for assuming that malware has gummed up your system...you probably ought to remove that HJT log.

If you leave the log as part of your initial post...it will result in this thread being moved to one of our malware forums...where procedures will be applied for dealing with possibly malware issues on a system.

Forget that, I see that someone already removed the log and we will try to work this as a system issue that does not involve malware.

<<It said I had alot of registry problems...>>

Such as? Your thread title says one thing...it would be nice to know the basis for your belief.

Does your system give you BSODs? Does it boot properly? Does it function properly?

We don't have your system and cannot see it. If you don't provide details that will prompt ideas, there's not a lot that can be intelligently suggested by anyone.

Louis

#8 char2010

char2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

scan completed nothing found by malwarebtys

#9 char2010

char2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

I think that it is a malware problem so I guess I should not be in this forum. I'm really sorry I saw Windows XP and thought I could post, I know nothing about asking for help in a forum, I have never done this before.
Please accept my apolgy

#10 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

At this point you would probably be best off to refer to the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help.

Good Luck.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users