Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

explorer.exe problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 q1q1

q1q1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:38 AM

it all started when i accessed my schools wifi..then after a while..my taskbar started to flicker at first i only restarted my pc but the problem still existed...then i tried booting to safe mode and ran an malware scan using malwarebytes, it found around 18 viruses..then i again restarted my pc..all was ok..the flickering of n task bar was gone but suddenly this window 'windows explorer has stopped working" appeared over and over again..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hi,

Please download RKill by Grinler

Link #1
Link #2
Link #3
Link #4
  • Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Download Link #1.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click the RKill desktop icon.
    If you are using Vista please right click and run as Admin!
  • A black screen will briefly flash indicating a successful run.
  • If this does not occur please delete that application and download Link #2.
  • Continue process until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links please let me know
Now let's update and re-run MalwareByte's Anti-Malware. Post the log.

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users