My name is aommaster
and I will be helping you with your log.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
Should you still require assistance, please take note of the points below:
- Please track this topic by either adding it to your favourites or clicking the Options button at the top of this thread and then Track this topic.
- Please disable word-wrap before posting logs. This can be done by clicking Format and un-ticking the word-wrap feature in notepad.
- The logs that you post should be copied and pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
- If you do not reply within 5 days, I will have to close your topic. Should you not be able to meet this, please notify me so that I will leave the topic open.
- Please do not install, update, or run any programs for the duration of the fix.
- If you do not understand the instructions I provide, please don't hesitate to ask. That's what I'm here for
- Please continue to reply to this topic until I give you the all clean. Just because there are no symptoms of infection doesn't mean that the computer is clean.
- If you are running Vista, please run all the fixes as an administrator. This is done by right-clicking the program and clicking "Run as Administrator".
Please do the following so I can take a look at the current state of your system.We need to run RSIT
- Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random and save it to your desktop.
- Double click on RSIT.exe.
- Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
- Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
(This step may produce a blank log. Let me know if that is the case)We need to run a GMER scan
In your next reply, please include the following:
- Download GMER and save to your desktop. Note that the file will be randomly named to prevent active malware from stopping the download.
- Close all other open programs as there is a slight chance your computer will crash.
- Double click the GMER program. Your security programs may detect GMER's driver trying to load. Allow it.
- You may see a warning saying "GMER has detected rootkit activity". If so, select NO.
- Make sure all options are checked except:
Note: If GMER crashes or hangs, please retry running a scan. Only this time, in addition to the options mentioned above, uncheck Devices as well.
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive, which is typically C:\
- Show All (This is important, so do not miss it.)
- When the scan is complete, click Save and save the log onto your desktop.