Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 and NC10 don't seem to mix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kyle B

Kyle B

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:52 AM

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate in my Samsung NC10, and while everything else works brilliantly, I'm having issues with the wireless. This applies to the drivers that came with Windows 7 and the Atheros drivers I downloaded per recommendation of Google.

There are times when I have to troubleshoot my wireless connection because Windows keeps saying "Unknown Network - Limited Connectivity". Other times, I had to turn the modem off and on. This is for an access point that is literally three feet away from the bloody netbook. For reference, my smartphone and my PSP have no issues connecting at that range. Am I the only NC10 owner who's having issues?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

I used to have frequent problems with the wireless card on my Samsung GO N310 netbook, as well. Now the incidents are far less frequent, but still happen occasionally.

It would typically just refuse to connect to any wireless network, whether it be mine or the the University's WiFi. No amount of rebooting or screaming at it would resolve the issue. It would just eventually work on its own again. Yes, after I installed Windows 7, I installed all the Windows 7 drivers available for it from Samsung's website. It just seemed to be finicky.

I don't have that problem near as often now, but it still has its issues. I tend to see a lot of crashed apps in the event viewer. This often keeps a scheduler from running tasks until I reboot to restart everything. And of course, when my anti-virus wants to be a pain, it will freeze it up completely (processor at 100%), requiring an unfortunate hard shutdown.

It's the price you pay for portability, I suppose. A weak computer.

But yeah, I don't really know why the wireless card wants to be troublesome. I thought mine might need reseating in its slot, but I never opened her up to check. It works 90% of the time now, so I haven't bothered.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users