Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apple has the worst support

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 home1234

home1234

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

So, I am on my fourth replacement iPhone due to internal phone problems. I've gotten replacement phones. So, lately, my WiFi hasn't been working. I guess the WiFi sensor went out or something. It's been like that for I'd say two months or more. A couple of weeks ago, I actually could login to my home network, but it only lasted about two days. I've been procrastinating about getting it replaced, but I finally had it. I called today. My phone wa 24 days out of warranty. After the agent I talked to left me on hold for 10 minutes, she got back on the line and said there was nothing she could do. She did offer the "out-of-warranty repair fee" of $199. "The great thing about this is you get a new phone without signing a new contract," she said. What the <edit>?Why would I want to do that? Pay $199 and then turn right around and pay another $199 when AT&T will let me upgrade to the iPhone 3GS in November.

I think it is kind of <edit> that I have had extended problems with Apple's phones and yet they still manage to screw me over and smile the entire time. I think I am going to call in an hour and raise Hell.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

Simple response: Why did you not just get it repaired when it happened?
I have had a great track record with Apple.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

yeah apples just like every other company when it comes to things that are out of warranty.
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 NeverGivUpChris

NeverGivUpChris

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:51 AM

Although you should have had it repaired when it was in warranty I think what he is saying is they have poor offers and facilitation for products outside of the warranty period. Apple are known for having poor and unreliable Wi Fi and should be able to provide a better compromise. To be honest though what would have been a smarter idea was to ring your network provider and ask for a contract/handset change as four of your iphones have already broken then let them deal with apple.
A Royale With Cheese

#5 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

ONCE YOU ARE OUT OF WARRANTY THEN as you no doubt know you get the helpful LOOK IT UP FOR YOURSELF, annoying to say the least. Now if you are looking to BUY something, different story.

There is no customer service anymore. I'm have trouble with ITUNES. They have their money so who cares.

#6 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

Although you should have had it repaired when it was in warranty I think what he is saying is they have poor offers and facilitation for products outside of the warranty period. Apple are known for having poor and unreliable Wi Fi and should be able to provide a better compromise. To be honest though what would have been a smarter idea was to ring your network provider and ask for a contract/handset change as four of your iphones have already broken then let them deal with apple.

My apple just ran out of warranty. I've been busy and had several problems but I put them off till I wasn't so pressed for time. Apple doesn't send notice your warranty is running out so you can be sure to take care of all the problems though, which would be a nice touch but lol it ain't happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users