Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to launch Borderlands

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 g0tvtec

g0tvtec

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

I have Borderlands for PC which I purchased NOT from Steam. It worked a couple months ago but I reformatted my PC and now it does not launch after installation. Installation works fine and I tried reinstalling it a few times but it still will not launch when I try to launch it. It just shows that it is preparing to launch with the cursor showing that it is working on opening it but 5-10 seconds into it, it just stops. The Task manager shows that the Borderlands.exe process is opened after I try to launch it, but it automatically closes after 5-10 seconds. What is causing this? I just want to play.

Here are my system specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-920 processor (2.66GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache with QPI Technology)
8GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]
640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650 [DVI, HDMI, VGA]

And I have Windows 7 64bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 deanj20

deanj20

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

Hi g0tvtec,

It sounds to me like there may be a hardware conflict or a compatibility issue. You say it worked fine until you reformatted your computer. So what's changed? Did you have Windows 7 installed before? Did you download the latest drivers for all your hardware (namely graphics card)??? Have you installed Direct X 9???

Check these things and post back, and I'll see if I can help you get in the game! :thumbsup:

#3 g0tvtec

g0tvtec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

I have downloaded all the latest drivers and updates. I'm pretty sure I have the latest Direct X but I'm not sure how to check.

#4 deanj20

deanj20

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

Hey g0tvtec,

To check you DirectX version:

Start-->Run--> type 'dxdiag' click OK--> look for DirectX Version in the System tab.

And you never said whether you were running Windows 7 when it was working. If you've upgraded operating system, that may be a problem.

Also, have you tried changing your resolution and running the game? I seem to remember having a similar problem on another computer running a game - it wouldn't load unless I switched to a lower resolution. The game should automatically do this for you, but it's worth a shot.

Post back and let me know.

#5 g0tvtec

g0tvtec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:44 AM

Nevermind. Fixed

thanks

#6 deanj20

deanj20

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:23 PM

g0tvtec.

Can you tell us how you fixed it? Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users