Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.Exe problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Holidayguru

Holidayguru

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

Hello,

Recently, my computer (Dell Latitude laptop, with Windows XP, SP 3) started to show this error sign right after I switch on the computer, with the desk top icons and the task bar.

-----

Explorer.Exe Application Error
The instruction at "0x7342611a" referenced memory at "0x7342611a".
The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

-----

At this point, I can see all the desk top icons and the task bar, including the language bar sign on it. But, once I click on "OK", all the icons on the desk top screen and the task bar itself disappear for like 30 seconds, and when they reappear, they do so without the language bar (maybe others are also missing). I had already clicked on "show language bar" so that it should show it on the task bar all the time.

On the other hand, when I click on "CANCEL", it would soon show the "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger" sign which basically asks to send the information to Microsoft because they couldn't really debug. There is also "debug" button on it. If I click on it, the cursor will freeze for more than 10-15 minutes (after that, I gave up and restarted the computer via Windows Task Manager). If I click on "don't send the report", then the same with above -- all the icons on the desk top screen and the task bar itself disappear for a while and when they reappear, the language bar is not there.

After that, when I click on Firefox Mozilla and other desk top icons, I get this error message and I repeat the above procedure, but eventually I get to use the Internet and other functions, although I haven't tried them all. The computer seems to work fine except this language bar issue (I want to use it as soon as possible). I couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users