Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix script/command line Parameters

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mpit52

Mpit52

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

Hello,
I was wondering if Combofix has any Command Line Parameters. I would like to be able to create a script to download and run a Combofix without and user interaction. Is there a way to make Combofix run silently and select OK or YES to any of its pop-up windows (like to install Microsoft recovery or to reboot the computer)? Please let me know Thanks
PS. Love your products, they work awesome!! :thumbsup:

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Swizzler

Swizzler

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

the link did not include the script/command line parameters. I'm also interested to where I could find them, particularly one to force a scan.

#4 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

Swizzler,

the link did not include the script/command line parameters. I'm also interested to where I could find them, particularly one to force a scan.

Please see this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

Specifically Item # 1:

Posted Image Questions about ComboFix and how it works:

Sorry but discussions pertaining to how Combofx works, what it can or cannot do, what the log results mean, any future plans, updates, etc is not available to the public in order to safeguard and protect the integrity of the tool from malware writers. As such, the developer does not want his tool discussed outside of private forums and therefore we cannot answer specific questions. The only public information that is available can be found in this authorized guide: How to use ComboFix

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

#5 Swizzler

Swizzler

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

Swizzler,

Please see this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

Specifically Item # 1:

Posted Image Questions about ComboFix and how it works:

Sorry but discussions pertaining to how Combofx works, what it can or cannot do, what the log results mean, any future plans, updates, etc is not available to the public in order to safeguard and protect the integrity of the tool from malware writers. As such, the developer does not want his tool discussed outside of private forums and therefore we cannot answer specific questions. The only public information that is available can be found in this authorized guide: How to use ComboFix

well seeing as I can't run the scan due to a virus tricking it into thinking its not windows xp, its integrity is already is already gone. Good job guys.

#6 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

You were told in another thread that if you need assistance with removing malware from your computer you should post in the Virus forum with the required logs and we would assist you.

Elise linked you to the Preparation guide in this post here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic386159.html/page__view__findpost__p__2185640

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users