Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Help: PC crashes when playing games. BF2,HL2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blacksnake

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:33 PM

My pc tends to crash after about 20 minutes into a game. It only happens with HL2 and Battlefield 2. I am running a geforce 6800gt so I do not think it is my video card. as in temps do not tend to go over 72c.

The CPU is a P4 @ 3.4ghz and running a Zalman CPU cooler on it.

I Have tried everything to keep the Pc from crashing but yet it still does.

It seems like it goes into sleep mode. As im all Panel LED's are still on. but I have to shut the PC off and back on to use it.

Any one ever had this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bonk

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

see if there is a update for your video card and check to see if there are any patches for those games.

#3 miCCel

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:54 AM

I have te same problem Blacksnake....
Just installed te latest NVIDIA drivers.. did not help !!

ANY other suggestions ? HELP !!

Edited by miCCel, 04 October 2005 - 06:55 AM.

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:52 AM

Sounds like either high temperatures or problems with the power supply.

More detailed system specs would help.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 Libertyfry

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:58 PM

Yeah, i have a similar problem. Instead, though, my computer shuts itself all the way down, not just sleep mode.

I am a pathetic, cheap idiot and I don't buy the latest and greatest. I also don't know if video cards are downloadable or not but if htey are, I need some guidance.

Anyways, I have no idea what causes this, it appears that you should be covered with the video card.

#6 Shroomer

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:37 PM

well this was happening to me, and it turned out it was my CPU's bus speed.

#7 legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:10 PM

wheres junkdk (for those who know him) when u need him?

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users