Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway resolution error.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sllancaster31

sllancaster31

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:27 PM

Hey all,

I have a Gateway 600YG2, and everytime i try to change my resolution to anything smaller then 1024X768 the icons all stay the same, nothing gets smaller and i have to move my mouse to the sides, top and bottom to view that part of the screen. I have updated my drivers and it doesnt fix anything. I really dont know what to do, i have read about changing the vertical and horizontal sync, but it didnt work.
It is really just annoying cuz i havent been able to change the monitor size. If someone knows how to fix this i would be amazed and thankful. So if you have any ideas i would appreciate them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:57 PM

I am not fully sure I understand, but if it is a smaller icon issue, you can right click on a blank area of the start menu, select properties, and select small icons.To check for a format problem open IE and select tools>internet options>accessibility and ensure the boxes are unckecked. At times, it is a matter of choosing "ok" or "apply" .Try both individually and check the results.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 sllancaster31

sllancaster31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2005 - 07:58 PM

No, that didnt work. I dont know what the problem is, but it is getting very annoying.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:04 PM

Hey all,

I have a Gateway 600YG2, and everytime i try to change my resolution to anything smaller then 1024X768 the icons all stay the same, nothing gets smaller and i have to move my mouse to the sides, top and bottom to view that part of the screen. I have updated my drivers and it doesnt fix anything. I really dont know what to do, i have read about changing the vertical and horizontal sync, but it didnt work.
It is really just annoying cuz i havent been able to change the monitor size. If someone knows how to fix this i would be amazed and thankful. So if you have any ideas i would appreciate them.

Go to the device manager and open the tree for sound, video and game controllers.

Do you see any red or yellow warning marks anywhere in there?

If not, reload (update) your video card drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users