Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The application or DLL is not a valid Windows image

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stevenscorsese

stevenscorsese

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:37 AM

I'm having a problem running any of my main Adobe programs for the last couple days. They've run fine for years previously. Firefox 3 was also hanging immediately upon opening for the last couple days, but it just currently working again at the moment. With my Adobe programs, when opening them I get the same message about it 'not being a valid Windows image' during the opening screen and then it won't open. Here is exactly what it says, for example, when I try to open Photoshop CS3:

The application of DLL C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.MFC_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x_ww_3bf8fa051MFC80.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

I've run Spybot, Malwarebytes and Ad-Aware scans, but no specific trojans or malware wre found. I also ran AusLogics Disk Defragmenter on both my C and D drives.

The root of the problem I believe was an old mouse driver I had recently installed for my A4 Tech optical mouse. Since I removed that software, Firefox has been working (knock on wood.) The Adobe programs, however, still will not initialize. It seems like some key dll. files have been corrupted or removed or something. I deeply appreciate any help I could get for this. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 March 2010 - 06:56 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users