Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NOD32 Antivirus vs Spyware Doctor with Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hdwolf

hdwolf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:32 AM

i am currently infected with virtumonde/vundo, and i've gone through a lot to try and remove it, but now i've decided to just give up and reformat my computer to get rid of it.
before i used avira for my antivirus. however this didn't seem to protect against virtumonde. after i erase my hard drive, i plan on actually buying antivirus software.
i read that Spyware Doctor with Antivirus is especially good for protecting against virtumonde/vundo, but then i've read that NOD32 Antivirus seems to be one of the best overall.
i'm wondering which would be better. also, if i got either of these, would i still be able to run spybot, malwarebytes, superantispyware, and so on?
also, if i do get NOD32 Antivirus, should i get ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 or ESET Smart Security 4.
also, if there is antivirus software that you think is better than either of these, PLEASE recommend it!.
thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Someones

Someones

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:01 AM

Both of these are good AVs, but there's really no reason to pay when you have free AVs which are just as good. Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast and AntiVir are the top free AVs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users