Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upload my files?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

Hi all I am done with creating my web-site and I am tired it took me a while as this was my first one. :thumbsup:

Now I was trying to figure how to UPload it to my webhost. I don't got a clue. I read there help topic but it was not clear.
So here is what I got:

Website designed in Adobe Dream Weaver CS4.

My Domain name is vwcomputerrepair.co.cc I got it from www.co.cc

My hoster is vista panel web hosting I am sorry I can't get there direct link
Actually no here it is http://cpanel.0lx.net

So how do I upload or where can read up on it? Or recommendations?
Thank-you to all and God bless :flowers:

Edited by JUICYboy, 10 March 2010 - 09:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:41 AM

There is a file manager inside VistaPanel. Using this you can upload files, create folders etc.
If Co.CC provides FTP access, then you would find the credentials inside the VistaPanel. You can use FileZilla to upload your files to your webhost using FTP access.

#3 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

Thank you Romeo

Are you married to Juliet By any chance :thumbsup:

#4 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

Well I took your advise Romeo and it got me a step farther.
I also have read the tutorials and it tell's me to upload into the htdocs folder.

On the htdocs folder should I UP load files individually or can I Up Load the whole folder? :flowers:
How would I know that it was done, and what do I do next?
It was unclear in the tutorials.

Other Quest.

Why every time I go to the domain I created I just can't find it in the search engine? :thumbsup:
My head is conffused, I read articles, but maybe I should start over again.

I can see the domain name in the Vista Control Panel but I can't see it on the web? :trumpet:

And last thing is do I have to type: Example.co.cc?
Or can I just type Example.com?
I am trying to figure this out, well thank you for your input. :inlove:

Edited by JUICYboy, 12 March 2010 - 02:54 PM.

#5 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

Ah maybe I can't see my domain because I set it up 2 days ago. :thumbsup:

#6 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

You can upload whole folders through FTP. In VistaPanel you have to create folder structure then upload files to them. When it is done, you would see uploaded files in the file manager. Also check by visiting your site if everything is working as planned.

Search engines index sites after few weeks. Type whatever domain you have. You cannot change this.

#7 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

O OKAY
When you say "search engines index sites after few weeks", what does that mean?

Does it mean I can't see my website till it is index in a search engine?
Thank-you

#8 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:50 AM

It means that you cannot search for your web site in a search engine like Google before it is indexed. But you can see your web site by typing its domain address (like www.godaddy.com) in your browser's location field, even if it is not indexed.

After you submit your site to a search engine, search engine's robot indexes the pages of your site after some time (it may take from few days to few weeks). Only then you can look for the site on a search engine.

#9 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:32 AM

After you submit your site to a search engine, search engine's robot indexes the pages of your site after some time

You don't even need to do that anymore. Google and Yahoo bots will find it in a few hours.

#10 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:35 AM

I type one of the domains in the address bar and it says "Index of/" What does that mean?

#11 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

It may mean any of these (as far as I can think),

- you do not have an index page it may be index.html, index.php, default.html, index.aspx etc. This is the starting page of your site. When someone opens www.example.com, actually the page www.example.com/index.html opens up (or some other index page like default.html etc depending on configuration) If Indexof/ shows the files and folders you have uploaded then this is your problem.

- you have uploaded to the wrong folder. In that case, Indexof/ page shows no files listed.

#12 IKnowSEO

IKnowSEO

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

About those search engines. I agree in part with the big cheeses (see Chief Admin) comment the bots will find your site withing hours to a point. If you do certain things you can reasonably expect little googlebot to come sniffing around in as little as 12 hours. If you just build the site and wait that's exactly what you will be doing months from now...waiting. I speak from experience believe me.

How do you accomplish this? Find a blog on the same topic as your website and make a post. I also need to mention that the blog has to allow you to create a signature you can use to create a link thta points back to your website.

Another way to get it done? Write, or have a ghostwriter create, a 350-500 word article thta you submit to ezinearticles.com. This one tactic alone has accounted for the bulk of my success in getting my sites not found, but listed in about half the time as other methods.

The best thing about these methods is they are"white hat' and won't get you in trouble with the search engines.

#13 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

Thanks for the invaluable information IKnowSeo :thumbsup: I hope to see more from you in future :flowers:

Edit : Typo

Edited by Romeo29, 29 March 2010 - 09:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users