Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP ME!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 weezerfanatic

weezerfanatic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 11 September 2005 - 05:05 PM

Hey...I don't really know what happened, but a few months ago some kind of spyware infected my computer and someone got a hold of my IP. Everything is okay except my speakers, and I already tried to update the system...can someone help me???!
-goldielocks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:50 PM

Some things to check:

Double-click on the speaker icon (if it's there!) and you'll get a slightly more elaborate version of the volume controls. Check to make sure the correct sliders are where they should be. Make sure the mute box isn't checked.

Use the Windows key and the Pause/Break key to bring up your system properties, click on the Device Manager and make sure your drivers for your sound card are working OK. Look for a big yellow question mark or exclamation point which means something's not quite right.

If it's a laptop, make sure the external sound wheel or whatever is used to regulate the volume is turned up. Thinkpads have a function key at the top, which is used in conjunction with the function (fn) key at the bottom, and will turn the sound up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users