Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Documents folder appearing in the My Computer window

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sagedog

Sagedog

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

Hi Guys, I am totally baffled as to why suddenly MyDocuments folder is now appearing in the My Computer window. My Computer used only to show the drives. I cannot move the folder, and if I delete any files from it, the file is also deleted from the the My Documents folder which appears in its usual place in the folder tree. Its almost as though it has cloned itself. Any suggestion would be welcome. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

On my computer, My Computer shows the drives, Shared Folders, and My Documents. The My Documents folder has always shown up in My Computer for me.

Using Windows XP Home

I don't know why it wouldn't have shown up at first and then suddenly appear there.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

Same as OB here :thumbsup:, although I never paid attention to it...it's always been there.

Louis

#4 Sagedog

Sagedog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:08 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. You have me wondering now if I'm losing it! I can only assume I'd never noticed it there before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users