Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant repair/remove programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mattbirk

mattbirk

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

I am having an issue with Microsoft Works 8.0, and I was goign to try to run the repair through add/remove programs but have found out that I can't really do anything there...all it shows is how often it was used and the size, but where the Change or Remove buttons usually are there is nothing.

My problem in Works is when I am in Word Processor and I hit Open it closes the whole program. Any ideas on why it would do that?

The RAM has been upgraded, I am going to remove those sticks to see if for some reason that made a difference.

Thanks
Matt

EDIT: The open button works on one account but not the other, if that is any help.

Edited by mattbirk, 10 March 2010 - 04:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JIMM2529

JIMM2529

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

I am having an issue with Microsoft Works 8.0, and I was goign to try to run the repair through add/remove programs but have found out that I can't really do anything there...all it shows is how often it was used and the size, but where the Change or Remove buttons usually are there is nothing.

My problem in Works is when I am in Word Processor and I hit Open it closes the whole program. Any ideas on why it would do that?

The RAM has been upgraded, I am going to remove those sticks to see if for some reason that made a difference.

Thanks
Matt

EDIT: The open button works on one account but not the other, if that is any help.

UNINSTALL YOUR UPDATE MANAGER AND TRY THAT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users