Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my computer icon slow to load

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kush202

kush202

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

when I click my computer icon it pops up but with no drives or anything and takes about 20 seconds to show the stuff any one know how to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

System make and model, ram, and CPU specs please, as well as free hard drive space.

#3 kush202

kush202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

I dunno the system make and model I purchased this computer ..custom built so I dont know.... its intel pentium 4 .. 1 gig ram ... 2.2 Ghz.. windows xp pro ...

free hd space is 9.74gb its a 17 gb hard drive but I also have an external witch as 291 gb free space

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

You need more ram, and how fast is your hard drive is its 5400RPM or a 7200rpm? If you provide the model number of the drive I can get that information. Have you tried defragging?

#5 kush202

kush202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

ok I fixed it my self I just disabled my floppy disc drive now my computer icon opens regular

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users