Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP blue screen crashed validate windows help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 missi79

missi79

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:43 PM

I have been having problems with my computer for the past month. It is an old computer I have an HP Pavillion 7965 Windows XP SP3 I have done everything single virus, malware, hj all that well I kept loosing my wireless connection every 2 minutes, multiple blue screens, stuck on windows shut down screen, I have to do do a hard shutdown and this morning when I turned on my pc I had to validate my windows, which I did and it passed. but now I have no idea what to do all the programs I had are still there, but it looks like my computer is brand new I'm lost. I'm at the library now cause I have no idea how to set up the comcast high speed wireless network I have the disks but nothing is loading. I guess I need to know why it asked me to validate windows and now what do i do.. Please remember that I am at the library and I have no internet connection but I do have the internet on my phone so I can respond to any questions but can not post any reports

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:46 PM

What was the last thing you did prior to the issues happening?

#3 missi79

missi79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

I was on the internet, normal website eBay I use Opera 10 it did the blue screen the error was the Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I have not installed any new drivers. the last time I left it then in the morning when I started windows it asked me to validate windows I did it passed now my device manager and locaL network connections is gone, I spoke to my ISP and they said I need to get the driver. I did speak to HP and I downloaded a driver thing to a disk I have yet to run it because I have no internet at home Im at th elibrary and I'm trying to get all the info I need first before I head home. I have all my programs so I ran a Hijackthis and said F'it and hit fix . I have the results but only on my camera I'm losing it. I do know that I was having alof of event errors with the audit failure and some msiunistaller 3.0 Yes I'm missing the .net framework 3.0 but my system says I have windows xp sp3 I'm sorry I know I make no sense any help would be much apreciated
Melissa
I

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

I am going to ask that this post be moved to the Am I infected forum.

#5 missi79

missi79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

Ok I have no idea what I did but I must have ran everything possible and then when I went to restart the computer it gave me this blue screen

STOP: 0X0000007B In regards to RUN CHKDSK /F

I restarted my computer and then this popped up

"Since Window was first activated on this computer, the hardware on this computer has changed significantly. Due to these changes, Windows must be reactivated within 3 days. Do you want to activate windows now?"

This time I hit NO
and my computer booted fine. I'm able to get back online device manager is back

Any help on what to do next?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users