Now rescan again with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but this time perform a Full Scan
in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to check for database definition updates
through the program's interface (preferable method
) before scanning and to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally
(not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs
tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.
Please perform a scan with Kaspersky Online Virus Scanner
.-- Requires free Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to be installed before scanning for malware as ActiveX is no longer being used.-- This scan will not remove any detected file threats but it will show where they are located so they can be cleaned with other tools.
-- Note: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.IMPORTANT NOTE
- Vista users: need to right-click either the IE or FF Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar icons and select Run As Administrator) from the context menu.
- Read the "Advantages - Requirements and Limitations" then press the ... button.
- You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click the Run button. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions.
- When the downloads have finished, you should see 'Database is updated. Ready to scan'. Click on the ... button.
- Make sure these boxes are checked. By default, they should be. If not, please check them and click on the ... button afterwards:
- Detect malicious programs of the following categories:
Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, Rootkits
Spyware, Adware, Dialers and other potentially dangerous programs
- Scan compound files (doesn't apply to the File scan area):
- Click on My Computer under the Scan section. OK any warnings from your protection programs.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.
- Once the scan is complete (the 'status' will show complete), click on View Scan Report and any infected objects will be shown.
- Click on Save Report As... and change the Files of type to Text file (.txt)
- Name the file KAVScan_ddmmyy (day, month, year) before clicking on the Save button and save it to your Desktop.
- Copy and paste (Ctrl+C) the saved scan results from that file in your next reply.
: Your scan log results indicate you are using keygens/crack tools
c:\documents and settings\****\my documents\games\warcraft iii and the frozen throne\warcraft iii - the frozen throne [disk3] -crack,patch,serial.iso
The practice of using cracking tools
or any pirated software
is not only considered illegal activity
but it is a serious security risk
Cracking applications are used for illegally breaking (cracking) various copy-protection and registration techniques used in commercial software. These programs may be distributed via Web sites, Usenet, and P2P networks.
Keygen and Crack Sites Distribute VIRUX and FakeAV
...warez and crack web pages are being used by cybercriminals as download sites for malware related to VIRUT and VIRUX. Searches for serial numbers, cracks, and even antivirus products like Trend Micro yield malcodes that come in the form of executables or self-extracting files...quick links in these sites also lead to malicious files. Ads and banners are also infection vectors...
University of Washington spyware study
...warez/piracy sites ranked the highest in downloading spyware...just opening the web page usually sets off an exploit, never mind actually downloading anything. And by the time the malware is finished downloading, often the machine is trashed and rendered useless.
Bad Web Sites: Malware
...One of the most aggressive and intrusive of all bad websites on the Internet are serial, warez, software cracking type sites...they sneak malware onto your system...Where do trojan viruses originate? One of the biggest malware distributors on the Internet are serial/warez/code cracking sites.
When you use these kind of programs, be forewarned
that some of the worst types of malware infections can be contracted and spread by visiting crack, keygen, warez and other pirated software sites
. In many cases, those sites are infested with a smörgåsbord of malware
and an increasing source of system infection. Those who attempt to get software for free can end up with a computer system so badly damaged that recovery is not possible and it cannot be repaired
. When that happens there is nothing you can do besides reformatting
and reinstalling the OS.
I strongly recommend that you remove all cracks and keygens to reduce the risk of infection and keep your system clean. Using these types of programs or the websites you visited to get them is very likely how your computer got infected!!
Edited by quietman7, 11 March 2010 - 06:44 PM.