Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need some help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mountainmenace

mountainmenace

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 11 September 2005 - 12:30 PM

hi everyone,

just need some help from someone...anyone, Im a complete novice with computers and ive been doing some research into prosesses running on pc harbouring viruses. Im a bit concerned so ive downloaded a trial version of wintasks pro 5and also outoruns by sysinternals...which dioesnt really help me as im not sure how to use either of these programmes. Can someone give me some help on resolving these issues and how i can determine what to stop and what programmes to block?

i would appreciate any help what so ever

regards

mm :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:48 PM

Hello mountainmenace and welcome to BC.

Our Tutorial, How to remove a Trojan, Virus, Worms, or other Malware includes instructions on how to use Autoruns. You can investigate the processes identified by using our File and Startup Databases found at the top of each page in the forum.

If you are still unsure about what you find just post back into this thread and our members will be glad to assist you.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users