Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Vista 2010 / FixExe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jstreeter0179

jstreeter0179

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:03 AM

I am trying to remove the Antivirus Vista 2010 virus and I have run into a bit of a stumbling block. The instructions I have found tell me to first run the FixExe file and then MBAM; however when I attempt to first run the FixExe file I get the following error:

"Cannot import:F:\FixExe.reg: The specified file is not a registry script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor"

If I go into the registry editor and attempt to import the file it gives the following error:

"Cannot import:F\FixExe.reg: The key selected is invalid"

I have attempted to download FixExe.reg from two different guides online including the one from this site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

If mbam will run without running FixExe, go ahead and run it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jstreeter0179

jstreeter0179
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

No, MBAM won't run for me.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Did you try rkill before running mbam?

Also rename mbam.exe to mbam.com

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.This might take a few times
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Do not reboot the computer or you will have to run it again
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users